Sunday, 17 November 2013

hooray for pants!

Just put the finishing touches on my photos, and project 1 is officially done and dusted!  I think I will mark this as a success. 
One thing I didn't count on, is Mr S.p's inability to pose for pictures. I copped a few strange looks from people watching me run after this child with a camera begging him for one more photo, like a creepy paparazzo.. Oh well, we had fun..
SO! Here The beach-bum pants, and Mr small pants in person!

I started off with a basic girls harem pants from burda, and 
to put it mildy, I took the pattern to the "chop shop". A seam here,
a pocket there, and we had a brand spanking new pattern!

I used this gorgeous woven cotton from India instead of the
recommended knit because I like to live on the edge
(and I was working with a size 4, so i figured we had
 enough room to move).

I have a whole bunch of these guys in my craft kit, left over
from my brief excursion into jewellry making (very brief), 
so I put them to work as the draw-string dangle doodles.

My pattern making skills are a bit crummy, 
so I did a test sew using a pair of uncle Z's old batik pants
that had a big tear in the bum (thank you unc Z). I even 
salvaged the drawstring. Less work = more happy.

Aaaand finally, because good things come in 3's, I made these little
gems out of a four pack of bandannas. I actually love the crap out 
of these. 
All in all I think they turned out pretty cutsey, and I'm totally 
pumped for project 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment